15m HS Fast Wind Farm Service Catamaran.
Download vessel specification
- 2010 - Buckie Shipyard, UK
- UK MCA Workboat Code of Practice 2, up to 60 miles from safe haven with 12 passengers.
- Main Engines
- 2 x Scania D16 42M, each 748bhp at 2100rpm, driving through Twin Disc MGX quick shift transmissions to oversized Ultra Dynamics UJ541 jets for maximum low down thrust when holding station at wind farm turbines.
- 27 knots maximum, 20 knots cruising.
- Tank Capacities
- Navigation Aids
- 2 x Radars. Electronic chart display, Echosounder, NAVTEX, Telephone, AIS, Email + Internet access, MOB Location System, GPS, GMDSS A1, 2 x VHF (1 x DSC), Magnetic and GPS Compasses.
- Seating & Accommodation
- Individual crew and passenger seating for up to 15 in total with sprung safety seats, footrests, storage areas, WC, shower, galley, one bunk below and Eberspacher heating.
- Equipment Includes
- Specially developed MK IV bow fendering and boarding platform with rubber fendering. A strong box section bow platform with sprung fastening for shock absorbing when landing, and built out "nib" that fits between the boat and landing piles locating the boat and providing a shorter step off distance to the turbine ladder, from a bow platform with safety rails. Onan silenced keel cooled 7Kva generator set. Palfinger hydraulic crane with capacity 1130kg at 3.6m to 200kg at 12.5m. Spencer Carter capstan forward. Side bulwark doors. CCTV monitoring engine rooms, forward and aft deck. Night vision camera.